In Ehrfurcht die Fahnen Senken
Announcing the release of "In Ehrfurcht die Fahnen Senken: Die 10.SS-Panzer-Division "Frundsberg" im Einsatz vom Juni bis November 1944," by Generalmajor Heinz Harmel (available in German at this time only). Sold in two volumes separating text and maps.
book format 263 pgs $45.00 (shipped with in USA) plus S&H
Softcover book format 263 pgs $55.00 (shipped to Europe) plus S&H
The 10.SS-Panzer-Division " Frundsberg " from June to November 1944.
Table of Contents (Translation):
The 10.SS-Pz.Div. at the Invasion Front (end of June to end of August 1944).
I. Status of the 10.SS-Pz.Div. in June 1944; Organizing for Commitment in the West
and Development of the Division by June 1944
2. Advance for the Commitment in the West 13.-27.VI.44
II. Commitment of the 10.SS-Pz.Div. in the combat area southwest Caen, 28.VI.-31.VII.44
1. Attack of
the 10.SS-Pz.Div. 28.VI. - 2.VII.44
2. Defending against Attacks 12.SS-Pz.Div. " Hitler youth " and 10.SS-Pz.Div. on 3-4.VII.44
3. Defending against Attacks 10.SS-Pz.Div., 8.-12.VII.44
4. Defending against Attacks 10.SS-Pz.Div., 14.-18.VII.44
5. Defensive Battles of the 10.SS-Pz.Div. and Separation from the 271.Inf.Div. between 19.-31.VII.44
6. Closing remarks on the Commitment of the 10.SS-Pz.Div. southwest Caen, 28.VI.-31.VII.44
III. Commitment of the 10.SS-Pz.Div. in August 1944 up to the Breakout from the Pocket-battle south of Falaise
1. Attack and
defense in the area west Aunay s.Odon, 1.-4.VIII.44
2. Attack and defense between Vire and Vassey, 5. and 6.VIII.44
3. Defense in the area between Mortain and Donfront, 7.-14.VIII.44
4. Retreat of the 10.SS-Pz.Div. at Ergenne on both sides Lonlay l'Abbaye and crossing the Orne at Putanges, 15. - 18.VIII.44
5. The 10.SS-Pz.Div. in the Pocket-battle south Falaise, 18.-21.VIII.44
6. Closing remarks on the Commitments of the 10.SS-Pz.Div. in August 1944.
The 10.SS-Pz.Div. in the retreat by north France and Belgium up to the Maas, 21.VIII.-5.IX.1944.
I. Retreat up to Elbeuf, 21.VIII. - 27.VIII.44
II. Resistance of the 10.SS-Pz.Div. to the Somme, 28.VIII.-1.IX.1944
III. Retreat of the Kgr.10.SS-Pz.Div. to the Maas Scheldekanal and resistance west of Maastricht, 2.IX.-5.IX.1944
The Commitment of the 10.SS-Pz.Div. in Holland, 6.IX.-18.XI.1944
I. Refitting the Division near Ruurlo, 6.IX.-16.IX.1944
II. Commitment of the 10.SS-Pz.Div. at Arnheim and Nijmwegen, 17.IX.-12.X.1944
1. Fight against
the Allied Airborne Elements in Arnheim and Nijmwegen, 17.IX.-26.IX.1944
2. Attack of the 10.SS-Pz.Div. as part of II.SS Pz.A.K. between Niederrhein and Waal, 27.IX.-4.X.1944
3. Transition of the 10.SS-Pz.Div. onto the Defensive; Withdrawal of the 10.SS along the Niederrhein, 5.-13.X.1944
III. Defense of the 10.SS-Pz.Div. at the Niederrhein, 14.X.-18.XI.1944. Commitment of the reinforced Kampfgruppe 10.SS-Pz.Div. on the Eastern Flank of the 15.Armee, 28.X.-10.XI.1944.
Commitment of the 10.SS-Pz.Div. on German Soil, 19.11-10.XII.1944
I. Advancing the Division around Erkelenz, 19.-21.XI.1944
II. Attack and Defense in the Roer on both sides Linnich, 22.XI.-5.XII.1944.
1. The 10.SS-Pz.Div.
in support of the 9.SS-Pz.Div. "Hohenstaufen" and separation from this division,
2. The 10.SS-Pz.Div. in the Defense against section attacks, 26. - 28.XI.1944
3. Large-scale Attack against the Front of the 10.SS-Pz.Div. 29.XI.-4.XII.1944.
III. Extracting the 10.SS-Pz.Div. from the Roer Front, 5.XII.-10.XII.1944.
Supplements and Commentary Chapter 1.
Appendix B: Supplements and Commentary Chapter 2.
Appendix C: Supplements and Commentary Chapter 3.
Appendix D: Supplements and Commentary Chapter 4.
Appendix E: Sources/Bibliography.
Includes 44 sketches/maps
Check back periodically for updated information.